With new cases of Coronavirus reported every day, we are aware of the concern among our direct community. We would like to reassure you that we are following all advice and recommendations from the Department of Health and Human Services and other health organisations to respond to the outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Our Coronavirus Pandemic Action Plan is in place, and as the pandemic evolves, Connect Health & Community is acting to protect our community, particularly those who are most vulnerable and reduce the risk to our staff and our community.
- All clients are being contacted by phone before their appointment.
- If they or a close family member have travelled overseas in the past 14 days or if they have had close contact with someone who has confirmed Coronavirus, they to self-isolate for 14 days and their appointment will be rescheduled for when they are well.
- If a client or anyone in their family, have any fever, cough or shortness of breath, the client should not attend and reschedule their appointment. All these clients should seek immediate medical advice by calling their GP or if they are very unwell, call 000
- We are screening people prior to entry of our buildings.
- A limit of one person accompanying the client for an appointment.
- Everyone entering our sites follows strict infection control and hand hygiene practices.
- Hand sanitizer is available for use.
- Everyone entering our sites follows the social distancing requirements.
- Should anyone have been in contact with a person who has a confirmed or suspected case of Coronavirus, or who has declared that they have travelled overseas recently, please advise management.
- If you have returned from overseas recently, we respectfully ask that you postpone all non-essential visits to our sites for 14 days.
- This extends to any staff and volunteers who have recently returned or are planning to embark on overseas travel. They will be required to follow the 14-day isolation requirements, as recommended by the Australian Government.
Connect Health & Community is taking the necessary precautions to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our clients, staff and volunteers.
Following the announcements by the Commonwealth and State Governments 22 March 2020, we have decided to cancel group community transport, social support groups and community-based exercise activity from Tuesday 24 March for the time being.
If you have recently been ill, have symptoms of any respiratory illness (fever, sore throat, cough, muscle and joint pains, tiredness/exhaustion), have been in contact with someone who is ill or if you are at risk if you become infected yourself, we strongly advise you NOT to visit any of our facilities.
To minimise the health risks, comply with state government instructions and to accommodate the additional pressure being placed on agencies we are progressively implementing our remote support services protocol.
Our protocol objective is to allow for the continuation of our health and wellbeing services
• we will only visit sites and hold face to face meetings where necessary and will minimise the duration of any meetings
• if a face to face meeting on site is required, we will limit the number of staff that attend that meeting
• technology will enable virtual meetings. To facilitate this, we will issue a teleconference or Zoom Meeting invitation to you or your team. You will need to have ZOOM access for this. Your staff can join on a web browser (we will supply guidance notes on how to do this with the invitation)The health and welfare of you and our staff are paramount, especially under the present circumstances.
I want to assure you and your employees that none of our staff are in any of the four risk categories specified by the Department of Health and Human Services. We track and update the health status of all our staff members daily.
We thank you for your cooperation and ongoing support. The situation is changing rapidly so please keep informed of updates via our website https://www.connecthealth.org.au/
Connect Health & Community will endeavour to ensure minimum disruption to services. As this is a rapidly changing situation, we will communicate as early as possible with regard to any changes to our services. For more information regarding COVID-19:
· DHHS Coronavirus hotline 1800 675 398
· DHHS website www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus